Monday, February 23, 2009

Red Tailed Hawk...

I spotted this hawk while driving to the store yesterday. I yelled "Hawk!" as I hit the brakes and whipped a U turn at the school entrance, meanwhile my wifes looking at me like I lost my mind. We get back down the road to the spot and no hawk! "Where'd he go! He was right there!!" I look and look , but no hawk. So I make another U turn and head back down the road. We go about a 1/4 of a mile, "There he is !!". Brakes, U turn, " Yes he's still there!". So now I'm hanging out the window of the truck trying to get everything right, and start snapping. He didn't stay put very long, but I did manage to get these four that came out ok.









I be going back to that area to try to get some more of him this week. Here's a link to read more about Red Tailed Hawks.

1 comment:

SaraG said...

Great photo's. They need to make more places to pull over to get all the pics we want to take!!

 

Amazing Counters
Priceline